Friday, December 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is my dad's 80th birthday. I am Larry, son of Leo L. Pepper, Jr. I am so proud to say that. I love my dad and miss him so much - he in America, and us in Lesotho. I am so privileged to have a dad like mine. From my youngest days I remember my dad doing certain things EVERY day - telling my mom that he loves her, kissing her goodbye and again when he returned from work, and reading his Bible. Everyday.

I am so thankful for growing up in a family that loved each other and loved the Lord. Dad committed his life to be a follower of Jesus Christ not long after he married mom back in 1950 and has walked with the Lord ever since. He hasn't been perfect, but what he has shown me is how to love the Lord and love others. He taught me about integrity, about working hard no matter what you are doing, about being kind to people, about treating others with respect, and about loving others. That has had a huge impact on our family and on my life. I have seen my dad walking with the Lord, living a life of love and of service to others. My dad's (and Mom's) love for each other and for the Lord Jesus Christ are the reason that Sally and I are serving in missions in Africa.

I love you Dad! I pray that your Lord and Savior Jesus will continue to give you strength for each day, love for mom and for your family, and many more years to teach us how to be a man of God.

1 comment:

Tom Melvin said...

Sounds like you dad was a great guy. You are blessed to have him. Enjoy ever moment when you get the opportunity.